Donate


Monday, May 18, 2015

In the footsteps of Edgar Wallace (in southern Africa)



My travel feature from the Mail on Sunday, in which I follow in the footsteps of the Mail's Boer War correspondent Edgar Wallace, (the subject of my new biography), in southern Africa.

'I have always loved Cape Town and the Peninsula. There is no spot on Earth quite like it’.
So wrote Edgar Wallace, the Daily Mail’s Boer War correspondent who went on to become Britain’s most popular author and to write the screenplay for the classic Hollywood monster movie King Kong. 
As my wife and I gaze down at Cape Town and its glittering bay from the 1,086m summit of Table Mountain on a beautiful sunny afternoon at the beginning of the South African summer we can see why Wallace was so impressed. 
We’ve travelled 6,000 miles to retrace the footsteps of a remarkable man whose adventurous, rags-to-riches life story really was stranger than fiction - hence the title of my new biography. 

You can read the whole piece here.

4 comments:

Vimax Pills said...

I like it this blog information, thanks for sharing

Vimax Canada said...

i like information, thanks

Bio Slim Herbal said...

thanks you from information

Selaput Dara Buatan said...

good blog